Curtin Annual Student Satisfaction (CASS) Survey
The Curtin Annual Student Satisfaction (CASS) survey was introduced in 2002 to assess students’ satisfaction with their experience at Curtin, including their campus life and available services and facilities.
There are eight variants of CASS tailored to the experience of students at various campuses: Curtin Bentley Campus, Perth City Campus, Western Australian Campus, Off-campus/External Mode, Curtin Sydney Campus, Curtin Sarawak Campus, Curtin Singapore Campus and Another Campus Outside Australia.
What are the results used for?
The aggregated data from CASS:
- Serves as a source of information for making improvements and cater for unmet needs.
- Allows for internal and external performance benchmarking across years and also against other universities/external agencies.
- Informs initiatives to improve students’ experience, which are summarised on Curtin’s Response to Student Feedback below.
Curtin’s Response to Student Feedback
- Additional computer labs are opened for students to utilise outside of scheduled class hours
- The network settings have been modified and enhanced to improve connectivity
- Additional power points have been installed in the common study room and the library to increase the availability of outlets for charging mobile devices
The opening hours for the library has been extended during the trimester and the current opening hours are:
– 8.30am to 9.00pm, Monday to Friday
– 10.00am to 3.00pm on Saturday
- The orientation program has been reviewed and improved to incorporate more interactive activities amongst the students
- A virtual campus tour is being prepared for students to be used during orientation
Sports & Recreation
- Scheduled maintenance program for all sports and recreation facilities has been reviewed and further improved by Facility Department to regularly inspect and maintain the condition of sporting and recreation facilities for students to ensure that the facilities are in good condition at all times
- Pool table has been refurbished and reconditioned, new pool game accessories (pool cues and balls) have been purchased
- Leverage on reopening of Whampoa CC after renovations by using the facilities available there to supplement campus facilities for students
Continuous cross-department trainings are carried out, especially for Student Central team, to provide excellent one-stop services to students
Teaching & Learning
- Curtin University, including its offshore campus, Curtin Singapore, has attained the prestigious AACSB accreditation placing it amongst the world’s best business schools across 52 countries and territories
- Curtin Singapore has increased the percentage of PhD qualified teaching academics to deliver courses in Curtin Singapore