Contacting the library
If you can’t find what you are looking for, if you need our help, or if you want to tell us something:
- You can telephone us : +65 6593 8050
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check your library account via OPAC to:
- check the number of items borrowed.
- check fines owed to the Library.
- check the status of reservations.
- renew loans.
- cancel reservations.
- change your library password.
- Go to Library Catalogue
- Type your Username: Curtin ID (eg. 12345678)
- Password: student (this is your initial password, remember to change your password via OPAC)
- Select <Enter> or the <arrow> below
- Click OPAC
You are now logged in and can check your current loans, overdue items, reserved items, and loan history. You can also change your OPAC password to something easier to remember.
Don’t forget to log out after checking your library account!
If you have any problems with your account, see the library staff for assistance.
- Username: Your student ID number is your username
- Password: “student” – a generic password
- Please note that you may change the password via the OPAC
- Inability to access OPAC to renew your loan is not a valid reason forwaiver of overdue fines.
Shelf arrangement in the library
Books and journals in the Main collection are shelved together in one sequence, in Dewey Decimal Classification number order. The shelves are grouped into large blocks each containing a part of the sequence of classification numbers.
To find the item on shelf, search Library Catalogue (OPAC) and note the collection map and location prefix. This will tell you the exact location of the book.
|T||Past semester textbook|
|E||English for Academic Purposes (EAP)|
Dewey Decimal Classification
|900||History and Geography|
The Curtin University library website has tutorials on a range of research and information skills topics.
Other libraries’ catalogues
- Nanyang Technological University Library (NTU)
- National University of Singapore Libraries (NUS)
- Singapore Management University Library (SMU)
An acronym is a term formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the major parts of a compound term. You can use the following websites to search the acronym and terms.
Almanacs & factbooks
Calculation & conversion
Currency Converters and Exchange Rates
- Foreign currencies and currency exchange rates history graphs
- FXConverter (Foreign Exchange Currency Converter)
Dictionaries & Thesauri
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online
- The FreeDictionary.com
- RefDesk.com:Dictionaries and Language Resources
- Roget’s Thesaurus
- A Web of Online Dictionaries
Directories & Encyclopedias
- Hoovers company directory (UK)
- Hoovers company directory (USA)
- One world – National online
- Portals to the World
- World Gazetteer
- Asian Development Bank
- The Commonwealth
- International Monetary Fund
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- The World Bank Group
- World Health Organization
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- World Tourism Organization