- Your Curtin Singapore Student ID card is your library card. You must present your Student ID card every time you wish to borrow any library items. You must check that all library items in your possession have been properly issued to you before leaving the library.
- You are responsible for all items charged out on your card.
- You must return or renew library items when due.
- You will be held responsible for any library items found damaged. You must check for and report any damages before borrowing the item.
- Library items lost or damaged must be paid or replaced by users.
- You must report lost library items at the Library Counter immediately. You are liable to pay overdue fines (where applicable), calculated from the date due to the date when the lost items are paid for, if subsequently found, to the date the book is returned. The cost of replacement for library items lost, inclusive of fines and surcharge, is not refundable.
- Any change of personal particulars must be reported to Student Central immediately.
|BORROWER||NUMBER OF ITEMS||LOAN DURATION||FINES|
|Students||1 reserve book
2 general book
|$0.50/hr or part thereof
$0.50/day; $1/day (7 days excess period)
|Staff||10 teacher’s resource
1 reserve book
1 general book
|$1 (2 weeks grace)
$0.50/hr or part thereof
$0.50/day (3 days grace); $1/day (7 days excess period)
My library account
You can check your library account via OPAC.
Your OPAC profile gives you access to all of your borrower information including overdue loans, reserves, loan history and more.
Items from the General Collection are initially loaned for a period of two weeks and may be renewed for an additional two weeks when not required by other users. Applications for renewal must be made in person. When a renewal is required for a third time, the item(s) must be presented at the Library Counter. If the period of loan had already expired, renewal will be made only on the personal application of the borrower provided that any outstanding fines are paid.
All items are subject to recall. They are to be returned immediately, if needed for course reserve. A borrower who fails to respond promptly to urgent recall requests will be liable for fines.
You will receive library notifications by email. It is the responsibility of you to keep track of the due dates of the loans by checking the records regularly on the OPAC. Non-receipt of reminder is not a valid reason for wavier of fines. If the item(s) is not returned within 40 days of the date due, it is presumed lost and you have to pay for the replacement cost of the item(s).
Fines for overdue library items
An overdue fine for Reserve Book Collection is SG$0.50 per hour or part thereof.
For other collections, the overdue fine is SG$0.50 per day per item.
Items that are returned within 40 days of the date due are presumed lost. Please refer to ‘Lost or damaged items’ below for more details.
Borrowers with overdue items or unpaid fines will have their borrowing privileges suspended and a sanction will be placed on their student record.
Lost or damaged items
Borrowers may either pay the full replacement cost of the lost item plus a processing fee of S$20 + GST or replace it with a copy within a month from the date of the lost reported (plus processing fee of S$20 + GST). The copy must be acceptable to the Library.
In addition to the basic replacement cost, a surcharge of S$20 + GST per item will be imposed, plus overdue fines, if any.
Borrowers will have to pay repair charges for damaged done to the item borrowed. Borrowers are responsible for the processing fee of S$20 + GST as well. If the item is damaged beyond repair, the replacement charges will be levied as a lost item.