Graduate Certificate in Predictive Analytics – Part-time
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Duration||8 to 12 months|
Apply today for March 2021 intake and receive a S$2,700 scholarship.
Learn concepts of data analysis, computing and visualisation, and how analytics can be used to predict future scenarios.
In this course, you will learn the basics of predictive data analytics, and the concepts of data analysis, computing and visualisation. You will also find out how these concepts can be used to predict future scenarios.
- Data analytics is used to analyse data in order to draw conclusions – whereas predictive analytics is a newly emerging field that allows us to utilise this data in order to predict future outcomes, allowing companies to make better informed decisions and execute efficient strategies on disruptive technologies.
- Predictive analytics can be applied to many fields of interest, from resource operations engineering, asset management and productivity, and finance and investment, to actuarial science and health economics.
How this course will make you industry ready
Data analytics is used to analyse data in order to draw conclusions – whereas predictive analytics is a newly emerging field that allows us to utilise this data in order to predict future outcomes, allowing companies to make better informed decisions and execute efficient strategies on disruptive technologies.
Experts in predictive analytics are well placed to handle the ‘big data’ issues of the future. They understand how to overlay historical and prediction data with supply chain financial and other business data, and are able to correlate probability assessments for better informed decisions.
What you’ll learn
- Comprehend the theoretical background of data analytics and data processing of unstructured data for correct interpretation of the data
- Explain the various approaches to data analysis and appreciate strategies for adapting them to a specific situation
- Assess information from a variety of sources and assisting to develop a plan to optimise data management, processing and prediction
- Communicate data analysis findings in a variety of ways via written, verbal or electronic communications
- Assist in evaluating and selecting appropriately from existing and emerging data analysis and prediction technologies
- Utilise fundamental knowledge to enable further study of new and emerging prediction analysis concepts, issues and management strategies
- Identify the international standards related to the predictive analytics industry; consider issues with a global perspective
- Articulate the ethical issues related to protecting the rights of individuals from diverse cultures; inclusive of Indigenous perspectives and how that maps to ensuring the quality and integrity of data collected and analysed
- Apply lessons learnt in a professional manner to assist in all areas of prediction design, demonstrating leadership and ethical behaviour at all times
Pathway to further study
Students who successfully complete this course may be eligible for entry into the Master of Predictive Analytics program at Curtin Perth Campus.
- A bachelor degree in Science, Engineering and Business from a recognised university
- Applicants with qualifications other than the above are encouraged to apply and will be considered based on demonstrated mathematical skills and relevant working experience in the industry
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
|Total tuition fee||S$11,520|
|Payable over two trimester instalments|
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST. Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.