Curtin Singapore provides face-to-face consultations to provide personal assistance with the following:
- Career coaching – career planning and management, resume writing, cover letter preparation, mock interviews, networking skills and job search strategies
- Job and internship opportunities
To book a career consultation, please email to Career Centre or submit your request at Student Central.
Get a career head start by attending our workshops. Learn to plan for your careers, explore your career interests, write impressive resumes and cover letters, ace job interviews and networking events, learn tips on how to survive and excel in the workplace as an intern or graduate. Come and equip yourself with essential knowledge, skills and career development tools to help you make informed decisions about your career.
Keep a lookout for the workshop schedules and registration form released every trimester through email, campus posters, and Curtin Singapore social media channels.
Explore more resources and be better prepared for your career.
- Skillsfuture Skills Framework – Read useful information on the different industries and their career pathways, occupations and job roles, existing and emerging skills, and training programmes for skills upgrading and mastery.
- Ministry of Trade & Industry – Stay updated with important industry trends in Singapore.
- Singapore Economic Development Board – Information on various industries and new areas of development in Singapore.
- GradSingapore – A website that provides useful and practical career advice for the Fresh Graduates. Read up on GradSingapore’s ranking of the top graduate employers across all sectors.
- LinkedIn for Students – LinkedIn resources and step by step guides to let students know the benefits of a LinkedIn profile and presence, and to help them get started. Introduces guides to cover topics ranging from building profiles, finding jobs or internships, building a professional brand, networking with professionals and researching or prepping for interviews.
- Jobscan – Find out how much your resume meets the job description through this website. Simply copy and paste your resume and the job description.
- 16Personalities – Find out more about your personality type, strengths and weaknesses, how you manage your relationships and possible career paths after completing a free personality test. You can read up more about 16 Personalities and the theory behind the tool here.
- EmployABILITY student starter kit – The EmployABILITY student starter kit is an online resource featuring a student-focused, personalised employability profile tool and developmental resources.
- O*NET Interest Profiler – A self-exploration tool to help you find out what your interests are, how they relate to the world of work and helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore.
- Test Partnership – This website provides free psychometric tests such as Numerical Reasoning Tests, Verbal Reasoning Tests, Error Checking Tests, Personality Questionnaires, Situational Judgement Tests, Leadership Tests and Competency Tests.
According to the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) and the Ministry of Manpower, international students on Student’s Pass are not permitted to work during the school term or vacation.
For more information on work passes and permits, visit the Ministry of Manpower website.