Graduate Certificate in Business
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Study mode||Full-time or part-time|
|Duration||6 months full-time or 12 months part-time|
Gain advanced knowledge of business theory and practice.
This serves as your entry pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA), but can also be taken as a challenging stand-alone course.
It offers you a foundation in leadership studies, business management and organisational behaviour. This course is tailored to give students a firm grounding in the basics of business theory and practice and is designed as a possible entry point to further postgraduate study or as a challenging stand-alone course. Upon completion, students are encouraged to continue their studies in the Master of Business Administration.
What you’ll learn
- Access and critique contemporary business theories, concepts and principles and be able to apply these to add value in a group of organisational environment
- Effectively communicate in a variety of modes to gather, advise or influence stakeholders for a desired outcome
- Formulate responsible management and leadership decisions that are evidence-based and supported by a critical evaluation of markets, human resources, and/ or accounting information.
- Critically review personal, professional, team and organisational practices for opportunities to innovate, or apply principles of ethics, sustainability or corporate social responsibility.
Note: Graduates from the Curtin Graduate Certificate in Business with a CWA of at least 70% will be considered qualified for entry to the MBA and will be required to only complete a further 8 units to gain their MBA.
- For applicants without an undergraduate degree, a minimum age of 30 and eight years of professional work experience including five years in a managerial capacity.
- Or, a bachelor degree, plus at least a minimum of five years of professional work experience including three years in a managerial capacity.
- All applicants will need to submit a copy of their CV/Resume highlighting prior work experience and roles that they have held.
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
|Tuition fee||Fee before 8% GST||Fee including 8% GST|
|Total tuition fee||S$12,400||S$13,392|
Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.
- Business administration manager
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Project manager
- Banking and finance
- Health care
- Private business
- Public relations
- Resources and renewables
- Service industries
Credits needed to graduate: 100.
Each unit is 25 credits unless stated otherwise.