Graduate Certificate in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Practice
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Duration||1 year part-time (2 semesters)|
The Graduate Certificate in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Practice will focus on the prevention and management of patients with an acute or chronic wounds; patients with an ostomy (gastro-intestinal or genito-urinary diversion for feeding or drainage of effluent, or a tracheostomy for respiratory function), and patients with urinary or faecal incontinence. Students will have the opportunity to combine learning from the applied clinical sciences to the practice context. The course aims to take nurses who wish to specialise in the area to be competent in all aspects of wound, ostomy and continence practice.
- Bachelor degree in nursing recognised by Curtin University
- Have current registration as a registered nurse with the Singapore Nursing Board
- Entry to this course is competitive and as such the course weighted average of your prior degree may be used to determine entry
- The program is offered for Singaporean and Permanent Resident applicants, or foreigners holding relevant working visas
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||7.0|
|Tuition fee||Fee before 8% GST||Fee including 8% GST|
|Academic unit fees||S$5,100||S$5,508|
|Clinical placement fees*||S$2,777.77||S$3,000|
|Total tuition fee||S$7,877.77||S$8,508|
|Payable over two semester instalments|
* Clinical placement fees are payable to the clinical placement provider
Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.
Credits needed to graduate: 100.
Each unit is 25 credits unless stated otherwise.
Units are not necessarily shown in the order studied. Units are subject to change.
Note: WOCP Specialty Clinical Practice 1 and WOCP Specialty Clinical Practice 2 are clinical placement units that will be taught in approved hospital and community settings.