Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Study mode||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February, July, November|
|Duration||4 months full-time or part-time equivalent|
This course is designed for professional supply chain and logistics specialists who are interested in significantly advancing their careers in the area of procurement, logistics and supply chain management.
Areas of study include: principles on practical tools and techniques of logistics and operations management, global distribution and transportation, materials management, and logistics information systems. The course will meet the needs of those professionals with technical and supervisory skills in logistics and supply chain management already working in the field who do not hold a first degree, or those who wish to become logistics and supply chain management professionals.
This course leads to the Master of Supply Chain Management (Professional).
- Formal procurement training will provide you with the expertise to be a successful purchasing and procurement specialist.
- This is a new field of study with significant job opportunities as companies increasingly understand the substantial costs savings that are possible through application of appropriate procurement strategies and processes.
What you’ll learn
- Evaluate and apply advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in supply chain management to ensure effective, efficient, ethical and seamless supply chain operations and relationships
- Critically analyse, evaluate, and apply new technologies and collaborative methodologies through design and implementation of supply chain management principles and processes
- Effectively communicate information, demonstrating digital competency and mastery of logistics and supply chain management knowledge with respect to policy, processes, and procedures to all stakeholders within and external to the organisation
- Deliver sustainable competitive advantage in relation to business practice through the application of best practice logistics and supply chain management principles, tools, techniques, and strategies
- Apply 21st century logistics, distribution, procurement, and supply chain management theory to develop, implement and manage ethically, environmentally and socially responsive and integrated supply chain relationships that contribute strategically to achievement of the aims of the organisation
- Demonstrate best practice professional skills to ensure sustainable accountability, responsibility, inclusivity, ethics and integrity regarding client relationship management, confidentiality, safety, and security for internal and external stakeholders of the organisation and its supply network
A bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a field of study other than logistics, or at least five years’ relevant work experience.
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
|Total tuition fee||S$11,500|
|Payable over trimester instalments|
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST. Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.
- Commodities manager
- Logistics manager
- Supply chain planner
- Strategic sourcing manager
- Oil and gas exploration
- Planning and operations
If you have previously studied in this field, you are encouraged to contact Curtin Singapore to discuss eligibility for Credit for Recognised Learning (credit for unit exemptions).
Credits needed to graduate: 100.
Each unit is 25 credits unless stated otherwise.
- Global Freight Transport Systems
- Supply Chain Analytics for Decision-Support
- Strategic Operations Management
- Foundations of Supply Chain Management
Units are not necessarily shown in the order studied. Units are subject to change.