Employment information for Student's Pass holders
Part-time work for international students
You are not allowed to engage in any paid employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore during the validity of your Student’s Pass.
Learn more about your Student’s Pass
Working after graduation
International students looking to work in Singapore full-time after they graduate should visit the Ministry of Manpower website for information on the various passes that are on offer.
What to bring
- Your Letter of Offer
- Original or certified copies of your qualifications
- Your travel documents
- Driver’s licence (if any)
- Medical history or prescriptions required for ongoing medication
- Personal computer (if preferred)
- Clothing – most students wear casual, comfortable clothing to university. For further information see our living in Singapore page.
- Household equipment – though keep in mind all required products can be easily purchased from a wide variety of stores.
What not to bring
- Reproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Animals, birds and their byproducts
- Plants with soil
- Medicines, pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products
- Chewing gum
- Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
- Obscene articles, publications, video tapes, discs and software
- Toy guns and toy currency notes
Drug trafficking is a serious offence under Singapore law.
Penalties for drug offences in Singapore are severe and can result in a death sentence.
For more detailed information please visit the Singapore Customs website