Applying for your Student’s Pass
Curtin Singapore will lodge your student’s pass application to Immigration and Check Points Authority of Singapore on your behalf once we receive your Acceptance of Offer form, signed Standard PEI-Student Contract and payment.
Student’s pass processing will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks. To receive your student’s Pass approval on time, please send us the required documents before the closing date.
Diploma, Bachelor degree or Master degree course student’s pass closing date
|Trimester 1A February intake||30 January 2017|
|Trimester 2A July intake||12 June 2017|
|Trimester 3A November intake||09 October 2017|
Diploma of English for Academic Purposes course student’s pass closing date
|February intake||09 January 2017|
|April intake||24 March 2017|
|July intake||12 June 2017|
|September intake||28 August 2017|
|December intake||06 November 2017|
Student’s Pass Application Documents
You will need to submit the following before we lodge your student’s pass application
- 1 set of completed Eform 16 and Eform V36
- 1 recent passport-size photogprah. Refer to digital photograph guideline here
- Translated and certified copy of your birth certificate
Additional documents required if one of your parents/spouse is a Singaporean national (citizen or PR)
- Copy of the your parent’s/spouse’s Marriage Certificate
- Parent’s/spouse’s highest education certificate
- Parent’s/spouse’s Letter of Employment (the letter should state the date of commencement of employment, designation, and salary per month) or a copy of Business Registration Certificate (an Instant Computer Printout is acceptable) if your parent/spouse is self-employed. These documents should not be issued more than one month ago
- Parent’s/spouse’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months
- Parent’s/spouse’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years
We will declare the information as per stated on Eform 16 and Eform V36. The evidence of financial proof (for visa required countries) only requires to be submitted to Immigration if requested. It is an offence under the Immigration Act to make any false statement, representation or declaration in connection with this student’s pass application
Further information about immigration policies in Singapore can be found on the Singapore Government’s Immigration & Checkpoints Authority website.
Student’s Pass Approval
When your student’s pass is approved, you will receive an In-Principle Approval Letter (IPA). You are strongly advised to make travel arrangement only upon student’s pass approval. Medical check-up will be conducted at Curtin Singapore during Orientation week.