Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Duration||1 year part-time|
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership is an Intermediate Award for the Master of Advanced Practice and also available for direct entry. The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership comprises 4 units and is a pathway towards a Master’s degree qualification. Units of study support professional career development and enhances health professionals’ understanding of leadership roles and responsibilities within the broad context of healthcare.
Theoretical aspects of leadership applied to healthcare and contemporary clinically focused research, embedded within unit and course content, articulate with varied assessments. The course prepares graduates for leadership roles within health care teams.
What you’ll learn
- Apply discipline knowledge, principles and concepts in accordance with relevant practice codes, standards and legislation
- Apply critical thinking and reflective practice to clinical practice to generate innovative solutions
- Access, evaluate and synthesise information relevant to clinical leadership and the promotion of optimal outcomes for clients
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with clients, carers, families, communities and the interdisciplinary health care team
- Utilise technology safely and appropriately for the diagnosis and management of clients
- Participate in research and critically appraise research findings and incorporate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice
- Relate policy, practices and standards to international trends
- Demonstrate cultural competence in the care of all clients, families and communities
- Demonstrate professional, legal and ethical accountability within the scope of practice for safe health care delivery
- Specifically, prospective students must have a bachelor degree in a relevant clinical based health or allied health field or in a related area, entry to the course is competitive, with a high course weighted average required (indicative 70 or above).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 12 months postgraduate experience in a specialist area of practice and current health professional registration/accreditation.
- The program is offered for Singaporean and Permanent Resident applicants, or foreigners holding relevant working visas
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||7.0|
|Total tuition fee||S$10,600|
|Payable over two semester instalments|
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST. Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.
Credits needed to graduate: 100.
Each unit is 25 credits unless stated otherwise.