MBA Leadership Specialisation
|Location||Curtin Singapore campus|
|Study mode||Full-time or part-time|
|Duration||16 months full-time or 28-36 months part-time|
Develop a strategic understanding of current and future leadership challenges.
The Curtin Business School MBA is one of only three EFMD Accredited MBA programs offered in Australia.
Strong leadership is key to success in any business. This specialisation gives you a nuanced understanding of current and future leadership challenges.
Students are constantly required to analyse and re-frame leadership concepts alongside their own leadership styles in order to gain an understanding of organisations and develop their practical skills. Students will also be required to apply, test, and evaluate their analytical, leadership and management skills in the workplace and further their professional and personal development through action learning that is transferrable to real organisations.
By exploring the philosophy of leadership and covering a range of topics including working with teams, working in a global arena, effective and strategic management and organisational behaviour, graduates will leave the course with a more strategic understanding and engagement with leadership.
- A bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution and at least five years work experience, at least three years of which must be at a managerial, supervisory and/or senior professional level.
- Graduates from the Curtin Graduate Certificate in Business with a CWA of at least 70% will be considered qualified for entry to the MBA and will be required to only complete a further 8 units to gain their MBA.
- All applicants will need to submit a copy of their CV/Resume highlighting prior work experience and roles that they have held.
- Entry to the course is competitive and applicants will be required to undertake an interview as the final stage of application assessment.
Master of Business Administration application requirements
- Strongly recommend: Two Referee recommendations
- Personal Statement
- Provide your CV/resume clearly showing your prior work experience and the roles that you have held.
Minimum English language entry requirements
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
|Tuition fee||Fee before 8% GST||Fee including 8% GST|
|Total tuition fee||S$37,200||S$40,176|
|Payable over trimester instalments|
Fees listed are indicative and subject to annual increases.
Curtin’s MBA program is, and among only three Australian MBA programs, to have achieved EFMD Accredited status from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
This accreditation means the MBA has been assessed as achieving the right balance between high academic quality and practical relevance for students in a global business environment.
For students, this means the quality of their MBA will be recognised and valued wherever they choose to live and work.
- Chief financial officer
- Chief marketing officer
- Chief information officer
- Corporate services manager
- Finance manager
- General manager
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Policy and planning manager
- Project manager
- Banking and finance
- Health care
- Private business
- Public relations
- Retail services
- Resources and renewables
- Service industries
Credit for previous study
Credit may be granted for relevant prior qualifications recognised as being at the same level as the MBA, and/or, relevant professional development programs of equal standing to MBA units.
Credits needed to graduate: 300.
Each unit is 25 credits unless stated otherwise.
- Organisational Behaviour for Managers
- Executive Financial Decision Making
- Synergising Marketing
- Economics for Managers
- Strategic Operations Management
- Organisational Strategy
- Global Business Sustainability
- MBA Capstone
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Organisational Change and Transformation
- Managerial Effectiveness
- Leading and Facilitating Teams
Units are not necessarily shown in the order studied. Units are subject to change.